<body>

Saturday, September 20, 2008

The Galloping Ghost: Website Launch



I just realized that I never announced the launch of my Website. The site has been up for about a year, but it was only 1/4 of what it is now. We waited until the launch of the book to totally complete it. So it has been totally live for just a few weeks. Make sure you go to the Experience side of the site, too, which tells the story of the book through moving images, images, and sound. It is very cool.

The site been a couple years in the making, and a great journey for me. I have enjoyed working with Jory Kruspe and Craig Hooper, the Analogue team. It couldn't have gone any better. Kruspe and Hooper are incredibly smart, creative designers, and true pros. We went to great pains to reflect my book, The Galloping Ghost: Red Grange, an American Football Legend (Houghton Mifflin). I will try and hold back on the hyperbole, but the site is beautiful, haunting, fun, and moving. Hats off to Jory and Craig.

Please let me know what you think of it.

2 Comments:

Blogger idiggHx said...

Good thing they moved.. Because Sullivan County, Pa; has never had a high school football team. (he was born there..)

People probably didn't know that for like ever.. and suddenly when they figured it out, it became a big deal. There's a historical marker on Main. St., in Forksville, Pa, for Hal. 'red' Grange. Not much to the town itself. http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VX6jyFbsag4

11:28 PM  
Blogger Mike Moran said...

I bought the book but didn't think I'd learn anything that wasn't in Jim Carroll's book, Red Grange and the Rise of Modern Football - but I was wrong - very different treatment with a whole different tone and take on the story - very enjoyable. Thanks.

5:39 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home